The role is a Consultancy position at Principal Consultant grade which sits within the Delivery business area of Capita Procurement Solutions.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced procurement professional looking to lead different procurement projects.
Engagements will vary, working across amazing public or private sector clients and a range of markets. Therefore, geographic locations and duration of specific engagements will also vary. The nature of each assignment will vary dependent on the contractual requirements but may include: Supporting opportunity assessment, savings delivery, category management, strategic sourcing, contract and supplier relationship management, transformation activities and project management.
Engagements may include working across multiple categories of spend or require development in specific subject matter expertise. In addition to client delivery you will be a member of a Category Team supporting internal business development in areas such as product development, best practice and innovation, market shaping, knowledge sharing and sales opportunities.
- Utilise experience, creativity and innovations to develop solutions and strategies that deliver maximum value cost improvements and benefits to clients.
- Develop strong relationships at senior levels with a wide range of clients and be a trusted provider of advice and support. Create effective working relationships with stakeholders and senior client sponsors to deliver allocated projects, anticipating and responding to client requirements, challenging when appropriate and manage conflicts and issues.
- Responsible for managing large complex projects and programmes simultaneously (inclusive of across more than one engagement) working with multiple delivery teams, stakeholders and suppliers. Also responsible for client management, anticipating change in project direction and providing advice to client-side project management.
- Lead, manage and assure comprehensive opportunity assessment reviews for project delivery and leads sales engagement with potential new / existing clients, converting into upsell or new contracts. Manage client focussed benefits realisation processes and overarching governance that deliver our client commitments and business targets.
- Experienced in leading and developing innovative category strategies through the use of leading category management methodology.
- Demonstrates track record of developing, maintaining and managing client, senior stakeholder and supplier relationships.
- Has knowledge of sourcing across complex categories within multiple industry sectors and delivering procurement transformation.
- Experience in business consultancy.
- MCIPS qualified or holds other relevant business qualification.
- Minimum degree level qualification.
The role might include travel and therefore will require an individual with flexibility to work across multiple locations and be on client site/Capita offices a minimum of four days a week. Whilst we aim to keep stays away from home to 2-3 nights per week, it is possible that engagements will require more.
Please include in your CV your current salary notice period and confirm you are happy with the travel requirements. Any application without this information won't be processed. Good luck!
At Capita we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where all our employees feel valued, respected and able to succeed based only on merit and not because of their gender, sexuality or culture. We recognise the need to attract and nurture diversity in our business to make us the best place to work. Our approach is helping us to continue delivering first-class services to our clients so come to work for us.
The personal information and data provided may be used by Capita Resourcing to provide work finding services, to assess your suitability to work, as well as administrative and management purposes in connection with providing work seeking services. In registering with Capita, you consent to your personal data being stored electronically; being made available to and processed by Capita clients; being checked with third parties or being made available to and processed by other Capita PLC companies; Capita using your personal information and data as required for legal and regulatory purposes and sharing with Capita authorised third parties. Our privacy notice can be found here https://www.capitaresourcing.co.uk/privacy-and-cookiesAll roles
- Job title: Principal Consultant
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Business area: Delivery
- Working pattern: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week with some flexibility outside of this required